The mission of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission is to serve the people of Texas, and protect the public health and safety, through consistent, fair and timely administration of the Alcoholic Beverage Code.
A safe and healthy Texas served by an innovative Alcoholic Beverage Commission regulating a responsible and compliant alcoholic beverage industry.
The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission will:
- apply the Alcoholic Beverage Code in a fair, consistent, and timely manner;
- exemplify courteous, ethical, and professional behavior;
- be fiscally responsible and accountable; and
- be accessible, transparent, efficient and effective.
Our Guiding Principles
- We empower our employees to respond effectively to challenges.
- We recruit, develop, retain and value a highly competent and diverse workforce that will successfully execute our mission.
- We strive to be a competitive employer.
- We expect ethical and professional behavior of ourselves.
- We exercise discretion in our authority when making decisions based on ethical and legal principles.
- We do the right thing, not just what we have the right to do.
- We work together to achieve goals and solve problems.
- We put responsible people into business and promote good business practices through open communication.
- We foster voluntary compliance through education.
- We provide the highest level of public safety by assessing and analyzing at-risk behavior and taking action against unlawful conduct.
The Four Cornerstones
The agency's cornerstones provide the foundation for the agency – who we are and what we do. Everything else is built on these four principles.