The mission of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission is to promote public safety and serve the people of Texas through consistent, fair and timely administration of the Alcoholic Beverage Code while fostering education, voluntary compliance and legal, responsible alcohol consumption.
A safe and responsible Texas served by an Alcoholic Beverage Commission committed to innovative partnerships with our communities and the alcoholic beverage industry.
The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission will:
- apply the Alcoholic Beverage Code in a fair, consistent, and timely manner;
- exemplify courteous, ethical, and professional behavior;
- be fiscally responsible and accountable to the people of Texas; and
- be accessible, transparent, efficient and effective.
Our Guiding Principles
- We value our employees, are committed to their continual improvement and empower them to make key decisions.
- We recruit, train, mentor, and develop individuals who are committed to our vision.
- We expect ethical and professional behavior of ourselves.
- We exercise discretion in our authority when making decisions based on ethical and legal principles.
- We do the right thing, not just what we have the right to do.
- We know our mission and understand our purpose, and we integrate our efforts in order to accomplish it in a consistent and efficient manner.
- We work together to achieve goals and solve problems.
- We strive to put responsible people into business and promote good business practices through integrated partnerships.
The Four Cornerstones
The agency’s cornerstones provide the foundation for the agency – who we are and what we do. Everything else is built on these four principles.