Commission Meeting Agenda
Tuesday, September 23, 2014, 10:00 a.m.
5806 Mesa, Suite 185
Austin, Texas 78731
- Call to Order - José Cuevas, Jr.
- Approval of Commission Meeting Minutes of July 22, 2014 - José Cuevas, Jr.
- Commission Report: Executive Director and Agency Activities, Budget Issues, Staff Achievements, Legislative Activities - Sherry Cook
- Recognition of 2014 Star of Texas Awards Recipients – Agent Roberto Charles, Jr., San Antonio Enforcement Regional Office and Agent Allen Lanier III, San Antonio Enforcement Regional Office - Sherry Cook and Robert Saenz
- Report on Follow-up on Prior Internal Audit Recommendations - Monday Rufus
- Report on Excise Tax Administration - Monday Rufus
- Act on Risk Assessment and Audit Plan for Fiscal Year 2015 - Monday Rufus
- Report on Fiscal Year 2014 Annual Internal Audit Report - Monday Rufus
- Act on Staff Recommendation to Withdraw Proposed Amendments to Rule §36.1, Possession and Sale of Firearms on Licensed Premises - Martin Wilson
- Report on Review of Existing Rules under Government Code §2001.039 - Martin Wilson
- Public Comments - José Cuevas, Jr.
- Executive Session to Consult with Legal Counsel Regarding Pending and Anticipated Litigation Against the Agency and to Deliberate on the Appointment, Employment, Evaluation, and Duties of the Positions of Executive Director and General Counsel (Government Code §551.071, §551.074) - José Cuevas, Jr.
- Next Meeting Date: - José Cuevas, Jr.
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
- Adjourn - José Cuevas, Jr.
Items may not necessarily be considered in the order they appear on the agenda. Executive session for advice of Counsel (pursuant to §551.071 of the Government Code) may be called regarding any agenda item. Action may be taken on any agenda item.
NOTICE OF ASSISTANCE AT PUBLIC MEETINGS
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services (such as interpreters for persons who are deaf, hearing impaired readers, large print, or Braille) are requested to contact Gloria Darden Reed at (512) 206-3221 (voice) (512) 206-3259 (fax). Relay Texas at 1-800-735-2989 (TTY/TDD), at least three (3) days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.