How to Apply
Vacancy and testing notices will be posted at various locations throughout the state, such as the Texas Workforce Commission, local colleges, universities, civic organizations, criminal justice departments and TABC offices.
Applications for employment are accepted only after vacancy notices are posted. You may submit applications for employment with the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission in person or by mail to TABC, Human Resources Division, 5806 Mesa Drive, Austin, Texas 78731. You may fax applications to (512) 206-3419. Contact Human Resources by phone at (512) 206-3220 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for information. Hearing impaired applicants may contact Human Resources via Relay Texas at 1-800-735-2989 (TTY/TDD).
- Complete a separate application packet for each job posting for which you want to be considered. An application packet includes:
- Form AP-8 (State of Texas Application for Employment), Form AP-8c (Applicant EEO Data) and Form HR-20 (Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission Supplemental to State of Texas Application for Employment) available in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat.
- For an Agent Trainee position you will need to complete the TABC State Application for Agent Employment, CPO Pre-employment Inquiry Waiver (Form HR-41B), a TABC Supplemental (Form HR-20) and the Agent Trainee Application Supplemental Form available in Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat.
- Documentation/verification of education (transcripts), licensure, registration or certification as required for the position.
- Please Note: We only accept applications for current postings.
- Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application for employment; however, resumes or addenda may accompany your application to explain how you meet each individual knowledge, skill and ability criterion in the minimum qualifications requirement. The addendum sheet may also contain a detailed description of present and previous job duties to demonstrate your experience performing the "GENERAL DUTIES" listed on the TABC job posting.
- A complete application packet must be submitted to the TABC's Human Resources Division in Austin or to the TABC local office where the vacant position is located no later than 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
- Mailed applications must be postmarked on or before the closing date.
Screening and Interviews
The Human Resources Division is responsible for screening each application to determine which applicants meet the minimum qualifications. If selected for an interview, you will be contacted by the Human Resources Division to schedule an interview. Only those interviewed will be notified of final selection or non-selection.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities in both the application process and the interview/selection process in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Amended Act of 2008, (ADAA) if requested.
Agent Trainee Recruitment
Accept the Challenge